6/2/10



Well, I have somehow misplaced my memory card from my camera. Again. I'm hoping some of the parents from this party will send me their pics so I can add them to this. This one little view doesn't properly illustrate how huge this "50 serving cake" turned out to be! It was displayed on a round table that was 60" across, and it almost took up the whole table.

This was for a high school classmate of mine. Her daughter is graduating this year, and they had a big, huge blowout party with four other girls. When A originally called me, she said she needed it for about 50 people. OK, no problem. We decided we would do the sculpted numbers in the zebra print, pipe the edges in pink and on a silver board. Then she calls back the week the RSVPs are coming in, the group decided they needed about 120 servings. I was driving to Houston to go to the Michelle Bommarito class I won the previous day, so I couldn't sit down and immediately draw anything out to figure out how to sculpt it to get the right number of servings. It was just as well, because not an hour later, A calls back and asks, "Are you still driving?" No, I had just pulled into a parking lot when her call came through. "You're parked now, right? 'Cause you're gonna...." and then I hear is a nervous giggle...."we counted up all the RSVPs and we're gonna need 200!"

The honorees are all athletic girls, so most pics I have seen of them have been sports related: shorts, t-shirts, hair pulled back, etc. They all looked absolutely gorgeous in their dresses and heels. One of the girls, who happened to score a basketball scholarship, is also the holder of my "Best Cake Reaction EVER!" award. The gal did the cutest little leap...in heels...with a successful landing...when she saw the cake! I loved it!

1 comment: