7/2/10

Sharpedo

Time for Canion's birthday, which usually means I have to do some research to get the details of his cake just right! This year, mom wanted a shark cake, the birthday boy wanted something called a Sharpedo. All I knew from the mom was it was a Pokemon character, described as a really mean shark-torpedo hybrid creature. She showed me a photo online, and as usual, gave me free rein for the rest of the design. As I was looking for other photos of this creature, I couldn't ever find a hind view of it. All the descriptions were very specific about the two notches on the dorsal fin, the stars and the vicious teeth. I couldn't ever find a picture or description of what its tail looked like. Then, finally, I found out why.....it doesn't have a tail! Google it to find out how it propels itself : )

As always, my favorite part is seeing the face of the recipient when they first see the cake. He came running out to meet me as I pulled into their driveway, and stood over me, grinning from ear to ear as I finished assembling it. This time, I was able to get a pic of that smiley face! Happy birthday, Canion!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment